Monday, August 11, 2014

{Recipe Recap} Strawberry Dream Cupcakes

Last week, we girls celebrated two more birthdays, Vickie’s and Sara’s.  Just like in June, we went to Outback and we ended up sitting essentially where we did last time.  The restaurant was fairly busy for 6ish on a Monday night and tables were pushed pretty close together.

There were seven of us and we get along famously so there was a lot of happy catching up from one end of the table to the other.  Well, apparently diners at a table near us didn’t like being able to hear our conversation and they complained to their server, who must’ve gone to the manager because he came over and asked us to keep it down.  Oops.

Maybe we should’ve skipped straight to the treats and kept our mouths full and therefore quiet.  Nah, we make no apologies for having a good time.

Since I’ve brought it up, let’s take a look at one of the desserts.  Vickie’s birthday was first so we’ll go with hers: Strawberry Dream Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream.  Vickie requested the frosting and let me decide what to put it on.

DSC_2204

We had recently talked about eating lots of strawberries, and I already knew that Vickie was a fruit fanatic, so it was a logical choice.

DSC_2200

I know the cupcake looks like it’s made of something really delicious like bran, but I promise, they are strawberry through and through.  I used both strawberry extract and two cups of pureed strawberries in the cake batter.

DSC_2203

These cupcakes baked up perfectly.  They were moist without being overly wet and they had a light airy texture.  The amazing flavor was an added bonus!

DSC_2201

You know I don’t prefer fruit desserts so when I tell you that this cupcake is one of my favorites, you know it has to be good.

DSC_2202

This will be my go-to strawberry cake recipe from now on.  Seriously, look no further because you will only be disappointed.

DSC_2205

Happy Monday, everyone!

{Recipe here}

No comments: