Thursday, August 14, 2014

Just like the old days

Yesterday was a good day.  First of all, the rain had finally left the area and we were left with sunshine, low humidity, a breeze, and temperatures no warmer than the mid-80’s.  That’s virtually unheard of for this area in August.  I made the most of it and ate my lunch – Subway Wednesday! – al fresco.

Continuing with tradition, I went straight to the Y after work and took a cycle class.  I was there early enough to catch up with some of the people at the front desk, and then I saw my friend Erika in the class and we were able to chat for a bit.

The class was hard (I think my last cycle class was in April the week of my birthday), but I sweated through it and held my own.  The best part?  I felt amazing when I was done and had more energy than I had going in.

My traditional hump day wrapped up with popcorn, which I earned in that spin class.

Yes, I have a new normal these days, but I do miss my old habits.  However, I’m looking forward to this evening and spending that one hour with Connor before he goes to bed.

What can I say, I’m a study in contrasts.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Awe, I feel special for making it into your blog! That class is awesome, hands down. Best bang for your buck!!! I always feel amazing after, too. So glad I was able to see you & catch up bc I sure do miss you!!! Can't wait to see you Monday!