Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Connor: Seven Months

Only a week late this time, that’s pretty good!  I wanted to take Connor’s pictures last weekend, but the weather was really iffy and I thought it was worth waiting for better light.  He’s only seven months once, after all, and I’d hate to look back on bad pictures of my firstborn.

DSC_2562

The biggest developments for Connor in the past month are mastering sitting and eating.  Woo hoo, we have a couch potato!  He’s not wobbly while sitting and we can trust that he’s going to stay seated and not topple over if he moves his head too fast or reaches too far to the side for a toy.

DSC_2586

If we want him to stay where we put him on the floor or on the bed or in his crib, we have to leave him sitting because when he can roll, he can get wherever he wants!  When he wakes up and he’s not going back to sleep, he gets up on all fours and rocks and that will move him around some so once he figures out how to coordinate those unruly arms and legs, he’ll be crawling all over the place.

DSC_2590

The other skill Connor has down pat is eating.  Is that a skill?  He loves his food, but that shouldn’t really be a surprise to anyone who knows the McHusband and me.  I’m still making Connor’s food and he hasn’t turned away anything yet.  He also loves plain ol’ mashed bananas as well as avocado.  I’ve given him a fruit-oatmeal puree with strawberries in it and there was no reaction other than him wanting moremoremore.

DSC_2570

Connor’s still fitting in six-month onesies and some of the stretchier shorts, but he won’t be for long.  He’s going to wear the heck out of the warm-weather clothing he does fit into right now because I’m not buying him a new wardrobe to get him through the NC fall where the weather goes back and forth between cool and downright hot through mid- to late-October.

DSC_2573

Connor still loves his jumper and is generally content to be in either the activity center or the walker that we have in our room so he doesn’t actually get to move.  Shh, don’t tell him he’s missing out.  He also likes the swing, but he’s more chill in it rather than excited to be swinging.  Speaking of times when Connor’s chill, that’d be on our walks.  All those terrible walks when he was a newborn that were so frustrating and now if he’s getting fussy, I can just put him in the stroller and he’s perfectly content to be pushed all over the neighborhood.

DSC_2604

As of this past weekend, he seems to have developed a fear of the vacuum and the steam mop, which isn’t good because I try not to vacuum when he’s napping.  We aren’t silent when he’s sleeping, but he hasn’t been napping well lately and I’m not going to do something that has great potential to wake him up.

DSC_2616

So, on the topic of napping…  Lately, Connor doesn’t like to sleep more than about 45 minutes in the morning and then we’re lucky to get 1 to 1.5 hours in the afternoon.  Then he can barely keep his eyes open past 6:00 and he’s up between 5:15 and 6:00 in the morning.  He’s not much for 12 hours at night.  He doesn’t know how good he has it!  I know a rested baby sleeps better than a tired one so I try really hard to make sure he’s getting lots of zzz’s, but just like the horse and the water, you can’t force a baby to sleep.  Believe me, I try every morning to will him back to sleep until the more acceptable time of 9:00 6:30.

DSC_2575

What else can I tell you about my sweet, wonderful, funny, happy, silly, chunky, blankie-loving, adorable boy?  Yes, he can be exhausting, but a bout of the giggles can make me forget that fatigue in a heartbeat.

DSC_2611

I’m going to sound like a broken record, but I can’t wait to see what the next month brings!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

oh he is darling!! those cheeks remind me of B :)