Tuesday, September 30, 2014

{Recipe Recap} Pumpkin Apple Bread

I’m sorry I missed posting this yesterday.  Even before our exciting (not!) Sunday night, I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to publish anything because my computer was still on the fritz.  Luckily, a coworker spent the day with my laptop, cleaning it up and checking it out and, fingers crossed, it seems to be working great.

We spent three hours with Morgan at the emergency vet Sunday night.  Around 8:30,she threw up twice, collapsed, and lost control of her bladder.  We made the right call loading her up because she had a 105-degree fever and, after chest x-rays, was diagnosed with pneumonia. She spent the night at the vet getting IV fluids and antibiotics and was doing much better in the morning.  We moved her to our vet where she spent the day continuing to get IV fluids and she even ate something there, which is big because she doesn’t have a great appetite in the best of times.

Before the weekend ended on that high note, I was busy in the kitchen making baby food (apple-pear-prune-oatmeal puree that the sitter and her sister both said smelled really good) and some big-people food, this Pumpkin Apple Bread.

DSC_2637

We have a breakfast meeting at work on Wednesday, and I figured October 1st was a good day to share some fall baking.

DSC_2635

I baked this bread for just over an hour. I tented some foil over it for the last 10 minutes as the outside was about as done as I wanted it to  be but the inside needed a few more minutes.

DSC_2638

I’m a little undecided on the apple chunks. I think I would like them better if I used a firmer apple, but the Jonagolds I used were a little soft.  Don’t get me wrong, I like the apple in the bread, I just think I would’ve rather used a Gala apple.

DSC_2632

I do recommend this bread.  It was easy to throw together, it had great texture and, oh yeah, it tasted pretty darn good, too.

DSC_2633

Hope your week got off to a better start than ours!

{Recipe here}

No comments: