Wednesday, September 17, 2014

What-am-I-gonna-watch Wednesday

Let’s talk TV!  I guess yesterday’s e-card was a bit of foreshadowing, huh?

My TV-watching has already suffered this summer thanks to a certain little someone.  I don’t have the time I used to on the weekends to catch up on my shows, and I’ve lost about an hour of TV-watching time in the evenings during the week because I can’t park myself on the couch until 11:00 any more.

#Realworldproblems, right?

So I have to be picky about the new shows I’m adding to my tried and true ones like Elementary, The Blacklist, CSI (the original!), The Mindy Project, The Good Wife, Homeland, and About a Boy, a new show from last season that quickly became one of my favorites.  (Also, to be clear, those aren’t all my shows.  It’s about a third of them and a couple of them are shows that the McHusband watches too.)  I’m interested in Bad Judge and Red Band Society, but they aren’t at the top of my list so if I find myself with TV-watching time to spare (hah!), I will try to catch them On Demand and see if they should in fact be added to my recorded shows.

Okay, so the first new show I’m looking forward to is Madam Secretary, which starts this Sunday.  I’m a big fan of Tea Leoni’s, and I like her character based on what I see in the previews.  I think the premise looks interesting so we’ll see if I actually like the show and, more importantly, if the Nielsens do. 

Madam Secretary trailer

Since there’s one more new show premiering before next week’s installment of What-am-I-gonna-watch Wednesday, I’m going to include it in this post.  It’s a twofer!  Does this mean I’m off the hook for posting tomorrow?  Just stop reading now and come back to watch the other trailer tomorrow. Winking smile

I am very intrigued by Gotham, which starts on Monday.  I like Ben Mackenzie and am kinda ashamed that I watched him on The O.C. but not on Southland, which was supposed to be a very good show.  So I’m hoping I can make up for that mistake by watching Gotham.  Think Ben will be able to find it in his heart to forgive me? 

I’ve heard good things so I’m going to give this show a try.  I think it will be very interesting if the villains aren’t too corny, and I like the idea of getting to know Commissioner Gordon and learning about what happened BB (that’d be “before Batman”).

Gotham trailer

Who else is excited about the fall TV season getting underway?  You know that Christmas song “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year?”  Well, no offense to Christmas, which I thoroughly enjoy, but I love TV premiere time.  That’s my most wonderful time of the year.

Happy Hump Day!

No comments: