Monday, September 15, 2014

{Recipe Recap} Caramel Fudge Brownies with Marshmallow Cream

Another Funday Monday.  We had a busy weekend, from brownie- and baby food-making on Friday night to a 5k and dinner with friends on Saturday to laundry, yard work, two walks (we are loving this dry fall-ish weather), and more baby food on Sunday.  I sorta don’t want Connor to ever eat real food because I’m enjoying making these purees too much.

I put my “applesauce” from Friday on Instagram.  That was apples, oatmeal, raisins, and a little cinnamon.  Connor’s a big fan.  On Sunday, I made him some “main meal” food – chicken, potatoes, squash, a little onion, and peas – and a fruit-oatmeal puree made with strawberries, an apple, a peach, and oatmeal.  I think he’ll be a big fan of both of those.

But enough about bland baby food, let’s talk about brownies.  Shawn and Heather are both big fans of marshmallow cream and even the McHusband, who isn’t a big fan of chocolate, appreciates a good brownie so long as it isn’t too rich or made with dark chocolate.  I know, he’s missing out.  So I figured these brownies would go over very well in our group and I was right, they did.

DSC_2550

I took these to dinner on Saturday night so I erred on the side of them being less ooey-gooey so they wouldn’t cause a mess as I passed the Tupperware container around the table.

DSC_2549

They were definitely too cakey for me, but the flavor was still very good.

DSC_2552

I didn’t make the brownies from scratch as the recipe would prefer.  Sorry, I just didn’t have the energy or the time for that on Friday night.  Duncan Hines worked for me!

DSC_2551

I would like to try these again, from scratch, when I’m having people over and I know they can use a fork and plate if necessary to eat these the way they were meant to be – gooey and messy.

DSC_2554

Hope you guys had good weekends!  Here’s one more brownie picture to help get your Monday off to a good start.

DSC_2553

{Recipe adapted from here}

PS  Happy Birthday, Jeremy!  You would’ve liked these brownies so  consider them your virtual birthday treat.

No comments: