Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas decorations

Wow, is Christmas really only one week away? Where did the year go? Oh yeah, it went to baby showers, visiting babies, moving, babies, painting, babies... Bri, Shannon, and Jenny - can you guys try to coordinate on Baby #2 so that you aren't all due with that one within 4 months of each other? Thanks, 'preciate it.

I decorated differently than usual. Our Christmas tree was "pretty" this year instead of full of all the ornaments we've collected over the years. I think next year that I will get a small and PRE-LIT (emphasis on the pre-lit) tree for our foyer and then I can put our ornaments on that one.
The Christmas tree went in the same place as it did in the old house - in the bay window in the dining room.

Here it is with the lights off:


















And here it is using the night setting on the camera:


















I was really excited about my stairs actually having a banister that I could decorate. It's the little things, you know?



























And you guys already saw my Carolers in the pictures of the new paint, but here they are again. Because I know you care.



























Wow, that's not even at all, is it? Note to self: Learn the meaning of "symmetrical" and apply new knowledge to next year's Christmas mantle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAU - TE - OUS!

Gina said...

Gorgeous! I definitely understand how you feel about the banisters. Those little extras definitely add up! I love the new paint too.