Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving

It's the one week anniversary of Thanksgiving '08 so I figured today would be the best day to add some pictures from our trip to see both sides of the fam and all those cutie-patootie babies.

On Wednesday, the McHusband and I had dinner with my mom, sisters, their hubbies, and the babies. We had a very traditional meal - delicious twice-baked potatoes that Bri made, the meat of our choice (it was BYOMeat) that Nate grilled to perfection, and the yummy Seven Layer Salad that my mom brought. People were raving about the storemade rolls that I brought, but enough about me. Shannon made (and I use that term loosely) a dessert: a Cool Whip-Fudge Stripe concoction that was actually really good. Here's the recipe:

--Dunk Fudge Stripes in milk.
--Layer with Cool Whip.
--Repeat.

See why I used "made" loosely? No matter, it was still scrumptious. We don't discriminate between hard-to-make desserts and easy ones - we like them all.

Actually, I did more than contribute those oh-so-fabulous rolls. I made Peanut Butter Fudge and it was pretty darn delectable if I do say so myself.

As soon as I walked in the door, I was put to work.














As you can see by the look on my face, I was very upset to be handed the baby and told to snuggle him while he ate.
Here's Bri holding Owen. See how he's looking for me? "Where's my best aunt ever?"
















Or maybe he's just nervous about that oversized freckle on her neck and trying to put some distance between him and it.

Uncles Calvin and McHusband got in on the Lyla-holding action:



































Careful, McHusband, she's not a puppy.

Lyla seemed happiest sitting on the breakfast bar playing with the faucet.


















Maybe we have a future plumber on our hands? I bet she'll have the cutest plumber's crack in the biz.

No comments: