Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Surprise!: Part...whatever

Since:
  • my wine glass is holding up
  • the McHusband is still out in the garage helping Kevin (his friend, not his brother) with his car
  • and I still feel guilty about not blogging much lately (Sheesh, I feel like an honorary Catholic with all this guilt!)
I'm going to do one more post. I have to go back a ways though. I realized that I never posted pictures from the SPCA Dog Walk that we did downtown the day after my surprise party. So here goes.

Here's our group before the walk.

In the back from L to R: Vickie holding Max, Terry with Koda, Chelle with Cody, Mom, Shannon, and Calvin.

In the front from L to R: the McHusband with Morgan (she's camera shy) and Tucker, Bri, then Lyla and Owen.

I'm not sure how many people and dogs participated but it looks like a LOT!


I couldn't resist snapping a picture of this guy's cool outfit. I'm not sure he really understands the fashion sense behind layering.


I know this next one's a bad picture, but I have to tell the story that goes along with it. The dog walk is just under two miles. Around maybe the 1.25-mile mark, Tucker had just about had enough. He's not really built for endurance so what does he do?

He just stops and lays down. In the middle of the street and all the walkers. I had to call out to the McHusband to stop because he just kept going and was pulling on the leash thinking Tucker had just stopped to smell something.

Anyway, here he is, after some coaxing and promises that the end was right around the corner, getting up to finish the walk. I don't think his tongue could be any further out.


The after. All the dogs were very happy to find a relatively cool spot in the shade.



My Morgie-poo is looking so gray. She just turned 5 so she's about middle-aged in Dane years.

We had lots of fun at the walk and it turned out to be a great activity for all my unexpected guests to participate in.

2 comments:

Big Blog Collection said...

Hi, we love your blog and would like to invite you to list it in our Blog Directory at www.bigblogcollection.com

Gma said...

The dog walk was great fun...I could MAYBE be convinced to incorporate walking into a daily exercise routine if I had lots of walkers (of the 2- and 4-legged kind) to share the road with.

For sure, a good time was had by all!