Monday, May 4, 2009

Surprise! Part III: Monkey Business

My mom was thinking about hiring a stripper, but she went with a man in a monkey suit instead. You can see how she was torn between the two, right?

You know times are tough when your singing gorilla has to bring his daughter along (that's her in the pink to his left). No extra dinero for the babysitter, I guess.

See my hat? He did a trick where he had me tear up some tissue paper. Then he carefully unfolded it INTO A HAT. With a decorative flower and everything. I tell you, my mom made the right decision going with the monkey. But I do have to wonder what tricks a stripper might've had up his...er...removable sleeve?

The man in the monkey suit sang a version of "Hello Dolly" for me. It's not a song you hear very often, but I'll certainly have lots of memories to go along with it when I do hear it.


Boy, you just haven't lived until you've been serenaded by a guy dressed like a monkey. With his young daughter in the background.

"Thanks, Mom! Love ya, mean it!"

1 comment:

Gma said...

I was intent on having this milestone birthday be a memorable one (and a stripper would certainly have been memorable)... Do I hear a "Yes Ma'am" Ladies?

And as my fingers did the walking thru the yellow pages, I came this close, I mean THIS CLOSE to dialing the number for the local stripping entertainment company. You know, the one with the picture of the half-naked policeman ... Do I hear an "Oh Yea" Ladies?

Then that darned ole nagging doubt crept it and I started thinking about the maleness that would be in the room -- the McHusband, the McDad, the male McInlaws and all the male McFriends and a little voice said they probably didn't want to go home at the end of the party questioning their, ummmm manhood ... Do I hear a "Thank you" Ladies?

Course, if the Policeman was "packaged" anything like the Fireman that showed up for Bri's party, all the men would have gone home with puffed chests and doing the peacock walk!

Yup, think the Gorilla was a very wise choice.