Sunday, January 24, 2010

{Don't} Booze It & Lose It

I decided that starting the Sunday after Shawn and Vanessa's party, the 17th, I wouldn't drink until Valentine's Day weekend. Then I'd re-evaluate and maybe extend my sobriety through mid-March when we have our St. Patrick's Day party.

My hope is that not taking in the extra and unnecessary calories from my wine spritzers and 200-calories-per-bottle Woodchuck Ciders = making it easier to lose a few pounds. The McHusband's really making a conscious effort to eat more protein and less crap like chips so I think it'll be easier for me to improve my overall diet as well. I'll keep up with my workouts at the Y (Power Hour, spinning, muscle conditioning, and using the cardio machines) and we'll just see what happens.

Okay, that being said, I have a confession to make. I already broke my no-drinking resolution. See, we went to Sullivan's Steakhouse last night for our friend 40th birthday. He has been much stronger than me in his resolve not to drink, but he decided to have a celebratory Amstel Light with his dinner. He was sitting next to me and what can I say, his decision to have a drink was contagious. Plus, the restaurant has a Knockout Martini that's supposed to be amazing. How could I not give it a try?













I have to admit, it was pretty darn good.

I don't think my alcohol calories were what I really needed to worry about last night. I got the Blue Cheese Meatloaf and it was divine. Absolutely divine. I like meatloaf okay, but it's not going to be my first choice. Let me tell you - this wasn't your average meatloaf. The sauce and the mushrooms that came with it just took the flavor to a whole 'nother level.













(I promise, it tasted better than it looked.)

Well anyway, I just wanted to put my no-drinking resolution out there for the universe. I hope I can stay stronger for the next three weeks than I was last night.

(Why can't it be You Snooze, You Lose? I'd give Twiggy a run for her money!)

1 comment:

Gma said...

He's wearing age and abstinence well ... his face looks so much thinner!