Thursday, January 14, 2010

How's it hangin'?

The McHusband completed a minor project last night, but I think it's going to have a big impact on our lives.

Okay, maybe not on our LIVES, but on our hand-drying.

I normally kept the towel for the kitchen sink stuck in a drawer so that it was accessible but not on the counter.













During my normal cleaning routine this past weekend, I decided it would be nice to use a cabinet handle as a towel holder. It wouldn't stick out too far (something I had to consider on the McHusband's - and our future children's - behalf), it wouldn't cost too much, and it would be easy to install.

Tada!













The towel can slide far enough over so that you can open one side of the cabinet or the other without an problem. And what I like is that the hardware holds the towel close enough to the cabinet that you can pull up on the bottom on the towel to dry your hands and it won't slip out.

















You can get some over-the-cabinet towel holders like this one from Target, but I felt like that would put the towel too low, plus I like the more finished, "meant-to-be-here" look of the permanent hardware.

2 comments:

Gma said...

I like!!!

McMom said...

Brilliant!!!