Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sea Salt - It's not just for food

I have one of those paint fan decks from Sherwin Williams. I may or may not have unofficially borrowed it from my office and not given it back.

It's been a very useful tool for helping me find the right beige, purple, and grayish brown, and it didn't let me down when I referred to it to find the right bluish-grayish-green for the guest bathroom.

I'd pretty much decided on Sea Salt, then I read on The Lettered Cottage about Layla picking Sea Salt for her guest bathroom redo. I waited and waited for the big reveal so I could see the color on some actual walls, but they're revealing their renovation in stages and I still haven't seen the finished project. Well, my Christmas vacation was coming to an end (much too quickly, I might add) so I just bit the bullet and sent the McHusband after my paint during one of his trips to Home Depot.

The bathroom isn't an official after yet because I want to change out the faucet, mirror, and towel bars and do some other accessorizing, but the paint makes a huge difference.

Before:






























My white shower curtain and towels never looked as bright as they should next to those builder-beige walls.

After:






























If only Santa's budget would've allowed for that window over the tub surround that I wanted... I needed to keep the wall color light because the bathroom can seem a little cave-ish since there's not a lot of natural light in the hallway to spill into it.

What do you think? Definitely an improvement, huh?

1 comment:

Gma said...

I'm gonna have to reserve judgement -- while I'm sure it's lovely in person, there's not enough color change on my screen to see it.