Sunday, January 17, 2010

Recipe Recap: Chocolate Chess Pie

We went to Shawn and Vanessa's for a post-holiday bash on Saturday. I decided to make a couple of the Angus Barn's Chocolate Chess Pies to take over there. When we were there for New Year's Eve, our waiter included a postcard with our check and the recipe for the pie was on it.













I guess it's pretty common that frozen pie crusts come in packages of two. Since I had enough ingredients to make two pies, I figured, "What the heck!" (The McHusband loves that phrase of mine.)

Chocolate Chess Pie
1 unbaked pie crust
1 stick of butter
2 squares Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
Dash of salt

Melt butter and chocolate together then mix it with the other ingredients, which have already been blended together. Pour into pie crust and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.

Tori says, "Whatcha eatin'?"

2 comments:

McMom said...

I just mixed up Paula Deen's Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies to take with me to SC tomorrow... will let you know how they are. You can check Oprah.com and the show on Eric and Nate and Paula and grief.... If you haven't seen the show you should. Making chicken spaghetti down there to take to Joan tomorrow night. TaTa....

Gma said...

Looks yummy, course I'm pretty much a glutton for anything chocolate! Was it good?