Sunday, January 3, 2010

Another 30th

We celebrated Chelle's 30th birthday on Saturday. I worked with Jeremy to plan a surprise dinner where the guests included Chelle's parents from Charlotte and Jeremy's mom and sister from Winston Salem.

Chelle thought it was just she, Jeremy, Scott, the McHusband, and me going to dinner. She was a little surprised to find three tables of people waiting for us.













We went to Dos Taquitos in downtown Raleigh. It was a little pricier than your average Mexican joint and it didn't offer 101 combinations, but I thought the food was really good. The guacamole was even edible and that's one of those foods that I've tried to like and just can't. Oh, and the third margarita was just as good as the first two.

So who was there?

Chelle's parents:













Terry and Vickie:













Jan works with Chelle and she came with her husband Aaron and her adorable son Jude:













Jude even let me hold him for a bit.

















On the left, that's Kevin and Kristen. And on the right, that's Anna (Jeremy's mom), Craig (Casie's boyfriend), and then Casie (Jeremy's sister).













I can't forget the birthday girl! (Does her top look familiar? No, she didn't borrow mine, she has her own. See, I'm not the only one who loves it.)













And of course there's Scott and us.






























Chelle's mom brought a cake all the way from Charlotte, and she had a baby picture of Chelle printed on it.

















And then she ate her baby. Yep, she jumped at the chance to have the piece of cake with Chelle's face on it.

After dinner, most of us headed back to Chelle and Jeremy's house. The McHusband and I rode with Jeremy and Scott. Jeremy knew he'd be too hot with his jacket on and the heat going enough to keep us warm in the backseat so he took his jacket off. I was happy to keep track of it for him.

















They'd just gotten their new couch that afternoon so we had to check it out. The guys were very thorough about putting it through its paces by volunteering to do some test-sitting.













You know how some people's stomach's just can't handle Mexican food?

Maybe I should ask that a different way. How do you know when someone's stomach can't handle Mexican food?

Just look at the toilet paper.

















Actually, one of Chelle's cats is responsible for that mess. And she went back for more later and left a pile of shreds on the floor.

















Cody sure was happy to see Grandma.

















Chelle won't actually be 30 until Tuesday so I guess we can't count on her as a club member just yet. Enjoy the last day or so in your 20's, Chelle!

1 comment:

Gma said...

Happy Birthday Chelle!

I can't come up with a baby picture of you like your Mom, but I'll bet I can get my hands on a couple of you from your younger years!