Monday, April 26, 2010

Birthday dinner

Since my birthday was on a Saturday, the McHusband took the reins and planned a dinner with friends. I knew where we were going, but that was about it and it was fun to see who showed up.

We ate at Tribeca Tavern, a new restaurant in Cary. They took very good care of us, and I definitely want to go back there.

There were 19 of us so the restaurant split us among four tables. People moved around a bit so I feel like we were still able to do some good visiting.

The McHusband and I mostly sat with Rick and Sabrina.


They're going to see Wicked in a few weeks. Rick also tried to surprise Sabrina with the show for her birthday, but her brother sorta ruined those plans by saying he was probably going to be in town for a visit that weekend so Rick had to come clean. Sorry, boys, we promise that we don't TRY to ruin your surprises!

On my left were Leigh, Mickey, Eric and Kevin.






And this table was to my right.


Sorry, Vanessa, let's try that again.


Actually, Vanessa stole Chelle's seat.


Smile, Greg and Kim!


The fourth table sat seven of my nearest and dearest (plus the McHusband who took Vanessa's seat).


As you can see, Shawn was pretty happy about the switcheroo.


That's better.


Jovyn was in town, and it was great to have him celebrating with us.


We celebrated Jennifer's birthday with dinner last month. She won't forget that day - her daughter broker her elbow that afternoon. Ouch!


Kevin and Kristen are due in June with their second baby. They have a little girl, Charlee, and don't know if she's getting a little brother or sister. I don't know how they stand not finding out.


The musical chairs continued most of the night.


But at one point I actually did sit next to the McHusband.


Oh yeah, the McHusband even got an ice cream cake. And not just any ice cream cake. It was a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard Cake from Dairy Queen. I can't believe I didn't take a picture of it. This one from the website will have to do.


Mmm mmm, it was delicious!

Thank you to all my friends and my wonderful McHusband for making my 31st birthday a fabulous one. I'm very lucky to know such great people and to be married to such a thoughtful guy.

{Some of you might've noticed a couple familiar faces were missing. Terry and Vickie were in PA this weekend for her first baby shower.}

1 comment:

Gma said...

an almost version of "HAIL, HAIL, the Gang's all here!"

That cake looks good enough to eat as an appetizer, salad, dinner and dessert!