Sunday, April 4, 2010

The long and short of it

I just love long weekends. That extra day off, whether it's a Friday or a Monday, is so wonderful. What I don't like is how the weekends still fly by, even with those extra 24 hours added to them.

On Friday, we had a weenie roast at our house. I made coleslaw and banana pudding (Great recipe - but don't worry about the vanilla and I think 14 bananas is a typo - go with 4.).













Don't you just love how the Nilla Wafers get all soft and smooshy?













While I was busy in the house, the McHusband did the first mow of the season and worked on NOT getting his farmer's tan.













Later, he helped Kevin with his truck.













That night, our guests showed up around 6:30 and we were outside for a bit, but we really didn't take advantage of the gorgeous spring weather like we should have.

Shawn and Vanessa brought a bat and some wiffle balls, and that kept people occupied for, oh, about 10 minutes.


























Kim and Vickie were happy to hang on the deck, and the McHusband fired up the grill for the brats and hot dogs.






























Yum, time to eat!













We didn't do too much on Saturday, which was nice. That night, we went to the new My Way Tavern in town with Shawn, Vanessa, and Jeremy. None of us had been and we all liked our food so it'll get put into the regular dinner rotation. The McHusband and I had movie night when we got home. We watched District 9, which was pretty different from what we expected, but we both enjoyed it.

Today, we had visitors. But first we took care of something that had been bothering us for quite some time. Our floors have some major squeaky spots so the McHusband finally went under the house to do whatever it is that fixes that problem. I stayed above ground and, well, that's about all my job entailed.

I helped located the squeaky spots then put two 45-lb weights on them then stood on the weights.













I like being a helper when I can stay in my pj's.

Back to our visitors. The McMom and McDad came up. We had lunch at the house (the McMom fixed fish tacos and they were delicious!) then we went to the McHusband's office and picked up his truck and gave his parents the grand tour of where he works.

As they were about to head out, the McHusband checked on a code that was making the car's "Check Engine" light come on. It wouldn't be a McVisit without either fixing something or doing something to a car.













Thanks for coming, we'll see you on Friday!













All in all, it was a pretty great weekend. Now if I could just figure out how to slow time so my three-day weekends actually FEEL like three days...

2 comments:

Gma said...

Great weather for tooling with your top down (no... not that top!). What I want to know is how in theg heck your hair manages to still look good and not like it's been through a tornado? (No... not YOU, McDad!)

Gina said...

I'm glad My Way Tavern was good...we've been meaning to try it but haven't. Their prices and menu sure look great! Would you say it's toddler-friendly?