Monday, April 19, 2010

When pigs fly

The day I went to the zoo, the McHusband brought his aunt, Glenda, to Asheboro to meet up with me and his parents for dinner. Glenda had been in town on business and had plans to visit Kevin and Jenny in SC for a day so we had to get her from Raleigh to Asheboro where she'd join forces with the McInlaws to get to Charlotte.

The McMom read about a restaurant called The Flying Pig in Asheboro so we took advantage of the Great Glenda Swap of 2010 to check it out. Because I was already in town, I got there a little earlier than the rest of the group, but I wasn't early enough to avoid the long wait for a table. I put our name in just after 6:00, and we didn't sit down for an hour.

While I waited for everyone, I took in my surroundings, including those around me in the bathroom. First, though, there was some "art" on the building across the street.


























And this is what I saw in the little girl's room.


How's your Pig Latin?


The main storefront window at the entrance was decorated for Easter. Even the namesake pig was ready for the holiday.




We did have to wait a long time to be seated, and we did have to wait a long time for our food. But I'd definitely give The Flying Pig a second chance so long as I was there before the rush. The food was good and the atmosphere was fun. If only they had my Woodchuck Cider...

3 comments:

Gma said...

Who knew Ashboro was such a hip and happenin' town?

Anonymous said...

AMEN --- sista -- to G'ma! It was quite a dining experience for sure...LONG wait for the table, at the table and food served in shifts so everyone can sample everyone else's anticipating the arrival of the one that is served LAST!!! Maybe you and the sisters can meet Stephie there next time you are in town.

Barry Yow said...

Please come visit us again. Also you can make a reservation (for a party of 8 or more) or just call ahead to be put on the wait list. It may speed up the process for you!! And we now you have your Woodchuck. Thanks again for trying us out. "The Pig"