Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lyla's Party: Fun in the Sun

It was HOT at Lyla's party. Thank goodness for baby pools, slip 'n' slides, and Summer Beer.

Guess what Lyla got for her birthday? A playset with "wings."


No, that's not Owen's monkey face. He'd taken a sip of a drink and was apparently saving some for later.


Owen had a blast in his very own pool. Watch him spin.


Hmm, I'm pretty sure Lyla's licking snot in this picture.


Hey, Owen, I see you!


And there's Gena on the slip 'n' slide.


I tried to stay cool by sticking close - real close - to a fan.


Shannon and Calvin stayed under the tent so they could watch Owen and the other kids, and the McInlaws found some shade up on the deck.




It was time for a break from the heat so we went inside to open as many presents as Lyla could tolerate - about 4, I think - and then it was time for cake.


Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Lyla, happy birthday to you!


If you can believe it, this is the best cake-eating picture I have.


After cake, we went back outside. Somewhere between the high chair and the "wings," Lyla lost her dress. Let's hope this is the last birthday party where she sheds all but her britches.


We made a pit stop at the slip 'n' slide to cool off on our way back to the house.






Okay, that's all for now. I think we'll go for the after party next.

1 comment:

Gma said...

I was all but about ready to shed my dress and join the kids at one of the water amenities. Man oh man, it was HOT!