Monday, June 28, 2010

McMargaritaville

I got my new issue of Southern Living magazine on Friday, and it had several margarita recipes in it. I just happened to have all the ingredients for a classic margarita so I decided to make up a batch. The recipe said it yielded four servings. No way. I got two servings out of it - and I drank 'em both.

Recipe:
3/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup orange liqueur (I used Triple Sec)
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (I used a half-cup of Rose's Sweetened Lime Juice)
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Mix everything together until the sugar dissolves and pour it over ice.

It was a strong drink, but it was yummy. Thank goodness we ate dinner very soon after I finished the first drink or there's no telling what kind of crazy pictures the McHusband would've gotten.






The magazine also has a recipe for Frozen Mango Margaritas. I think I might have to whip those up next weekend. Nothing says Independence Day like a good margarita. Right?

1 comment:

McMom said...

Awww.... he must have said,"c'mon Babe... give me your sexy pose!" Or, something like that..... So you think that recipe is meant for ONE person, huh? Enjoy that patio this weekend!!! Love. McMom