Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Patio Project: Part II

Okay, so we left off with a square hole, a big dirt pile, and the McHusband drinking a beer. The next step was pretty easy - we affixed some of that weed guard fabric to the ground.


After that, we were ready for gravel. That was a fairly easy step for the McHusband. He used the Kubota to scoop the gravel off the driveway and then he dropped it in the patio space, and I spread it. Guess what? It's not easy to spread gravel.

(This is where me leaving sweat behind comes in.)

The next day, the McHusband rented the tamping machine from Home Depot and while he played around with that, I moved a bunch of pavers from the back of the truck to where you see them. Like I said, I helped when and wherever I could.


These eventually made their way into a retaining wall.


And these became a border and filler for the patio.


Here's the McHusband tamping away.


There was a technical difficulty involving a clogged air filter, but the McHusband fixed that soon enough.


You don't want to know how many times the McHusband went around and around. And around.


Next up: the retaining wall.

1 comment:

Gma said...

I bet by the time this project is done the McHusband could take the Mr. Handyman test again and pass with flying colors!

Did you have some fancy machine to help you transport all those pavers or did you have to do it the old-fashioned way -- brutal arm strenght?

I'm certainly impressed!