Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lyla's Party: The After-Party

It's too bad Lyla couldn't stay up and enjoy the festivities once the sun had set. Not to worry, we had fun on her behalf.

We sat around and chatted for a little bit, then it was time for some Crispy Wickets. {By the way, I Googled "crispy wickets" and the post referenced above was second on the list of results. Check me out, infiltrating the interwebs so thoroughly.}




Bri and Nate both gave the installation their best shot.




After Crispy Wickets, we girls headed into the bounce house. Bri's friend, Julie, called it when she said earlier in the night, "Watch, this thing's going to be full of drunk people later." I agreed with her and was already picturing Nate and his buddies in there being crazy. Little did I know that it would be my mom, Bri, and me in there being crazy.








I have to say, the bounce house was a great addition to this year's party. If only it could've come with air-conditioning...

Aww, cute sisters.


Eww, sweaty sister.


Nate hadn't been feeling well the day of the party (Lyla gave my mom, Bri, and Nate the gift that keeps on giving - a summer cold) so he went to bed early. Bad idea.


Click on those pictures to make them bigger so you can really appreciate the efforts of Nate's friends. Bri and Mom asked for a text to let them know we'd made it home okay when we left that night, and Bri's response to my message was, "Cleaning Nate off so I can go to bed."

Thanks for turning 2, Lyla, we had a blast!

4 comments:

McMom said...

WOW --- who was more drunk, Steph or Bri or SUSAN? No wonder you all didn't get here until 2:30 a.m..... I would have understood if you had spent the night... but there WAS a FD b'fast in the plan!!! Don't piss off the McMom!! We couldn't have stood the HEAT long enough to have joined you!! Well it is all about making memories....

Gma said...

Nope, wasn't me -- I only had one slush and part of a concoction that Andy whipped up for me. It was the two-year old in me I guess! That bounce house was a lot of trouble and work for Nate but sooooooo worth it. Sabrina, how in the heck are you going to top that next year?

McMom said...

I have just taken a second look at the After Party and decided it gives new meaning to "falling down drunk".... McMOM

McMom said...

I have just taken a second look at the After Party and decided it gives new meaning to "falling down drunk".... McMOM