Monday, July 18, 2011

Recipe Recap: No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Pie

Raise your hand if you have no idea what Nutella (or "a nutella" as one neighbor put it) is.

Raise your hand if you've heard of it, but don't necessarily know how to use it in a sentence let alone in your kitchen.

Raise your hand if you've seen it near the peanut butter and made sure you didn't go near it for fear of accidentally putting it instead of the JIF in your cart.

Yeah, Nutella's kinda strange. It's a chocolate hazelnut spread. If you like Toblerone bars or those Ferraro Rocher chocolates, then you'd dig (and dig into, with gusto) Nutella.

I had never tried Nutella until a couple weeks ago. I came across this easy recipe and decided it was high time I gave Nutella a chance to impress me. Let me tell you: it far exceeded my expectations. I'm a huge fan now and have since printed two more recipes, one for a no-bake cookie and one for ice cream, that use Nutella.

I used a graham cracker crust because I didn't feel like buying a whole package of Oreos for the crust (Because then I'd HAVE to eat the rest of the package and who needs that guilt?) plus I had a box of graham cracker crumbs ready and waiting to be used. I also made a sweetened whipped cream to go with it and I think that really set the flavor off.

So, without further adieu, I introduce Nutella to my blog and its readers!
















It's maybe not the prettiest of pies, but what it lacks in appearance, it makes up for in flavor.
















The McHusband, who's not a huge chocolate fan, liked the pie better with the whipped cream to tone down some of the chocolate flavor. Personally, I think whipped cream, whether it's homemade or made by Cool Whip, is on the just-makes-everything-better list with diet Sprite and strudel topping.





















If you're willing to try something new that's easy and highly rewarding, whip up one of these pies. It's easy and delicious and goes down oh-so-smoothly.

{No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Pie Recipe} Thank you, Tracy, a.k.a. Sugar Crafter, for the wonderful recipe.

2 comments:

Gma said...

Looks Ya ah um my!

Anonymous said...

Your McBrotherinlaw, after his last visit to Germany is also sold on Nutella -- I understand they eat it over there on their toast for b'fast. Ask your friend Sandra about it... she may know MORE ways to use it!! Mcmom