Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Recipe Recap: Reese's Cup Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting

I had leftover peanut butter frosting after making those banana cupcakes and I didn't want to throw it out. I didn't want to fight the temptation to eat it spoonful by spoonful either so I decided peanut butter cup-stuffed brownies would make a great base for the remainder of the frosting.

Guess what? I was right. I love when that happens.
















I used my slightly-smaller-than-9x13 pan and one box of family size brownie mix. I probably should've used either an 8 x 8 pan or else used two boxes' worth of brownie batter so that the pb cups would've been more sandwiched between the brownie layers. Next time...
















See the pb cups playing peekaboo with us? Yeah, I don't think I could call these Surprise Brownies since it's pretty obvious what their secret is.
















Once the brownies cooled and my frosting warmed to room temp, I slathered on a layer of deliciousness.
















The real reward is getting down at eye level and checking these babies out.
















Brownie, Reese's PB Cup, more brownie, and peanut butter frosting. Layers are good for hair AND dessert!

2 comments:

McHusband said...

OH so ridiculously good! :)

Gma said...

Sounds absolutely YUMMY!