Thursday, July 21, 2011

Recipe Recap: Rice Krispie Treats' Ugly Cousins

That's what I'm calling these beauties anyway; Bakergirl has a different name for them. Whatever you're inclined to call them, I'm sure you'll still call them yummy.

People, it doesn't get much easier than this. A package of cookies, a bag of marshmallows, and some butter. You don't even have to turn on the oven! And you can use practically any cookie you want. I went with Oreos and Nutter Butters, and I'm going to make another batch using Mint Oreos for the McHusband to take to the beach this weekend. That's per his request along with white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies, and I'm throwing some brownies in for good measure. But enough about my future baking, let's get back to these.

It took me all of 7 minutes to whip up each batch so it's a great recipe for a weeknight when you worked all day then went straight to the gym and still have to walk the dogs, shower, and maybe chill out in front of the TV for a few minutes before going to bed. What, that's not how most of your weeknights go?
















Surprisingly, the McHusband preferred the Oreo ones to the ones made with Nutter Butters.
















I think I liked the Nutter Butters better. Guess I'll just have to make 'em both EVERY time. I don't see any problem with that.
















I think what has to happen is all of you need to make both kinds as well and weigh in on your favorite.

{Recipe here}Link

1 comment:

McHusband said...

I think I favored the Nutter Butter ones as well. Hard to remember... they were both excellent. Can't wait to try and ones with Mint Oreo though! :)