Tuesday, September 11, 2012

{Recipe Recap} Oreo Overload Cake

For my boss’s birthday treat, I adapted this recipe by simplifying things a bit – no chocolate ganache and no Oreo truffles.  Instead, I frosted the cake top to bottom with an easy but delicious vanilla buttercream and decorated the whole thing with Oreos and crumbs.

DSC_0238

The cake was very rich but quite good.  The middle cheesecake layer was my kind of cheesecake: sweetened with Cool Whip and crushed Oreos.

DSC_0233

You’ll have to take my word that there were three layers (Devil’s Food chocolate cake on the bottom, the no-bake Oreo cheesecake layer in the middle, then more cake on top) because I didn’t get any pictures after cutting the cake.  I know, shame on me as a blogger.  You know what’s funny?  The original blogger doesn’t have any pictures of the inside either.  But her pictures of the outside are lightyears better than mine so do yourself a favor and go drool over her site.

DSC_0235

If you need to make something for an Oreo fan, keep this cake in mind.

DSC_0236

{Recipe here}

No comments: