Tuesday, December 17, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Cookie Dough Fudge

We girls had our annual Christmas dinner and gift exchange last night.  We ate at The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar, which I’ve been to once before.  I wasn’t overly impressed with the burger I ate on my original visit, but I did like my grilled salmon sandwich last night and I realize they aren’t exciting, but their grilled vegetables were really tasty, surprisingly delicious.

I made two treats to share with the group: some toffee sandwiched between two layers of chocolate, a recipe from the newspaper, and I finally made some Cookie Dough Fudge that I’ve had my eye on for.ev.er.

1216132146a

{Please forgive the quick phone pic in my laundry room.}

Mel and Sally have both made this fudge if you want to make it yourself and don’t happen to have the cookbook like I do.

A word of warning: This stuff is over-the-top sweet.  Anna said she took one bite and knew the rest was destined to go home to her husband, Logan.  Lucky for me, I have a well-trained sweet tooth that can handle cavity-making treats.

As always, our dinner was wonderful.  So nice to catch up with everyone in person and linger over our menus (probably annoying the waitress), then our food, and finally over our gifts and dessert.

Merry Christmas, girls!  You guys are awesome, and I’m lucky to count you as my closest friends.

No comments: