Sunday, December 8, 2013

Women’s Night: The Holiday Version

I hosted Women’s Night in the neighborhood this past Friday.  As we have in the past, we did a White Elephant gift exchange as well as a sweets exchange.

DSC_8701

I made a conscious effort to not make too much.  I had veggies and hummus, sushi from Harris Teeter, and some baked artichoke bites that were just okay.

DSC_8704

One thing that was very good was the Pecan Praline Baked Brie.

DSC_8703

I made an Amaretto Pound Cake for the main table and man was that thing tasty! 

DSC_8691

I drizzled a thicker Amaretto icing over it because when you can’t drink your liquor but you can eat it, you gotta get in as much as you can.

DSC_8693

Speaking of stuff I couldn’t drink…  I made a pitcher of Cranberry Margaritas.  I used Cran-Cherry juice and not quite the right ratio of lime juice, but it was still tart like you’d expect a batch of margaritas to be. 

DSC_8697

I did have a couple of sips for quality control, and I determined that I need to make a second pitcher some time in March.  Anyone want to come over and help me drink it?

DSC_8687

For my exchange goodies, I made some Biscoff Butter Bars based on this recipe, and some brownies with a White Chocolate-Peppermint Ganache Frosting.  I don’t have good pictures of these, but at least I snapped a couple from where I started the treat table in the dining room.

DSC_8699

DSC_8698

It’s always good to get together with the lady-neighbors, especially when there are some new faces in the crowd.  We had a very nice time catching up with each other, and I’ll never complain when there are presents and extra sweets involved.

Friday was the busiest day of my weekend.  I don’t know if it was the weather or what, but both the McHusband and I were less productive than we’d normally be.  I gotta give him credit though – he got started on the Christmas wrapping so there are a few presents under the tree.  The rest’ll probably be up to me once my Amazon order comes in.

Hope your week’s off to a good start!

No comments: