Thursday, April 5, 2012

The perfect snack food?

Just finished my healthy Wednesday habit.  No, I’m not talking about my regular spinning class (although I did go to that tonight), I’m talking about my bowl of popcorn.

Heather sent me this article that basically said popcorn is as good for you as fruits and veggies:

A team of researchers from the University of Scranton in Pennsylvania has found that popcorn contains more antioxidants than other fruits and vegetables.

One of the researchers cautions against replacing fruits and veggies with popcorn and I get that, but I do exactly that on Wednesdays when I trade my apple and peanut butter with my bowl of popcorn.

Turkey meatloaf, Green Monsters, popcorn…  I’m on such a healthful roll this week that I think I’m going to have to bring it to a screeching halt with a slab slice of no-bake peanut butter tart tomorrow.  Which reminds me, I need to stir the fudge sauce and see if it’s ready to go on the tart.

Enjoy your Thursdays!  Hope yours is like mine and is the last day in your work week.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I love popcorn!

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/