Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Three-Month Birthday, Lyla!

My mom, Bri, and Lyla met me in Asheboro, a good halfway point between Charlotte and Raleigh, last Sunday, which happened to be Lyla's three-month birthday. Asheboro doesn't have much going for it except for a zoo and the fact that it's a good halfway point. I have a feeling I'll be visiting Asheboro pretty frequently in the future.

Anyway, we had lunch at Chili's and I pretty much hogged Lyla the whole time. Well, until our food came, then she had to go into her carseat. I mean, an aunt's gotta eat, right?














I think this picture was taken right before Lyla threw up half her bottle. Lucky for Chili's, I caught most of it in my hands. Lyla later threw up some on my left shoulder, then she evened me out by puking some on my right shoulder. I wasn't too worried about it, my shirt could be washed. What I didn't consider is the fact that I had to drive an hour and a half home with a baby puke-smelling shirt. It wasn't too bad as long as I didn't turn my head. Thankfully the drive home is mostly a straight shot.




















Check out Lyla's MC Hammer pants. How 'bout some "U Can't Touch This" lyrics?














Break it down
Stop, Hammer time

Go with the funk, it is said
If you can't groove to this
Then you probably are dead.

Wow, MC Hammer obviously has a way with words (and that's not necessarily a compliment). Am I the only one who had no idea that was one of the verses?

No comments: