Monday, September 15, 2008

Say "Queso!"

We had dinner with Rick, Sabrina, Byron, and Melaney on Saturday. Lisa was away for what was, I'm sure, a much-deserved girls' weekend on the lake so Byron and Melaney were on their own.

Melaney was shy, as usual, during the first half of dinner, but she opened up after a bit. I think it had something to do with the queso dip that Rick ordered and shared. There's just something about warm melty cheese that makes everything right in the world, you know? And if you combine that with a couple margaritas, well, the world's just about perfect. (Note: I meant that my world, not Melaney's, was just about perfect because I had some warm melty cheese dip and two margaritas. As far as I know, Melaney's sippy cup did not contain a margarita.)

While the boys were paying, Melaney and I headed outside for some girl talk and to count light fixtures, then it was time for Byron and Melaney to head home cuz she had a case of the toots, and Byron didn't want to have to stop at a gas station on the way home. We understand, Mexican food has that effect on lots of us.

Here's Melaney saying, "Seeeeeeeeze!" I didn't even prompt her to "Say cheese," I just pulled out the camera and she reacted like a pro. Watch out, Byron, you could have a runway walker on your hands.

No comments: