Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Meeting P-Dub

The McHusband and I went to Charlotte this past weekend. Normally my mom comes up here for Mother's Day and we work hard in my yard, but Pioneer Woman saved my mom from the usual back-breaking slave labor she's expected to provide.

Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman, came to Charlotte for a book signing on Friday. As soon as I read about her making the trip to Charlotte, I asked my mom and the McMom if they wanted to go. It worked out great for it to be Mother's Day weekend, and we girls had a very nice evening together.

The signing was held at Joseph Beth, a bookstore in the SouthPark area.


The bistro inside the bookstore even had food from Ree's book as part of their menu that night.


We didn't eat there, but we did each have a glass of wine (a wine spritzer in my case) while we waited for the signing to start.


{Judging by our glasses - or lack of one - the drinkability of our beverages goes like this: white zin spritzer, pinot grigio, then straight white zin. Just an observation.}

Ree came out at 6:00 and took some questions that attendees had written down before the event started.


The bookstore did a great job of organizing everything, and I thought it worked out really well to have Ree up on the second level while we all gathered below.

In this little video, Ree answers that age-old question: Boxers or briefs? And she's also asked where she and the Marlboro Man - that's her hubby - would move if they could go anywhere. She had a pretty good answer to that one...


Finally the different groups were called to ascend the stairs and get in line to meet Ree. My mom went to the store ahead of time and got our tickets, which put us in Group B, the fourth group (after VIP 1, VIP 2, and Group A) to line up.

The Pioneer Woman and me!


And here we all are together.


She was very gracious and listened to me babble about how she saved my mom from a trip to Raleigh to help me in the yard and how I had some of her lemon bars waiting for us.

Thanks, Mom and McMom, for spending your Friday night with P-Dub and me!

1 comment:

Gma said...

A nice enjoyable girls night out and for sure... a lot less taxing to the body than a weekend of yardwork!