Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend: Saturday

On Saturday, the McHusband and I each went for a run shortly after getting up. But we didn't go together. He doesn't jog as long as I do, but I think he probably has a faster pace just because his stride is longer. If I kept up with him, I wouldn't be able to last as long as I'd like so we just did our own thing.

The McHusband spent the day helping his dad with projects around the house while the McMom and I checked out a pottery festival and then ran some errands in town. That evening, we went over to Bri's house to hang out and eat pizza with Bri, Nate, Lyla, and my mom.

Lyla showed us how she likes to play "Go to sleep" in her mom's bed. She was doing the whole snoring thing so I ran to get my camera then she wouldn't do it again until almost the end of the video.


Okay, time to get up and play outside!


We got out Lyla's golf clubs.


It just melts my heart to see that little hand in the McHusband's.


Bri and I wandered to the back of the yard (see if you can find us) while Lyla went on an Easter egg hunt close to the deck.








There was more fun to be had after dinner. Bathtime! (And let's hope these are the last naked pictures of Lyla on the internet.)




After the bath, we decided to go on a walk/wagon ride.


The McHusband drove, of course.


Lyla got to stay up past her bedtime in order to maximize visiting time so we spent a while in her playroom and, more specifically, in her tent. It's bigger than it looks (thank goodness!).






And of course there's ALWAYS time for dress up!

"Here, Uncle McHusband, you wear the hat."




We had a great visit, just too short as always. It's so wonderful to see how much Lyla has grown, but a little sad for me, too, since we don't live closer and she changes so much in between visits. She'll be going from the Cozy Coupe to her first car at 16 before I know it.

1 comment:

Gma said...

Hey Uncle McHusband... you were STYLIN' fo sure!