Thursday, May 20, 2010

Whiskey Slush

Boot camp was rough tonight. We were on THE HILL for the whole thing except for the sets of 100, 50, 30, and 20 walking lunges but those were no walk in the park. Actually, I guess they sorta were... You know you're working hard when you don't look forward to the walk DOWN the hill because your legs feel like jelly.

So, what did I do when I got home? I made a drink! Actually, I made drinks for about 20. See, I'm going to a neighbor's house for Women's Night tomorrow night, and I have a big ol' bottle of whiskey to use up. Jordan, an exchange student from France, bought a car from the McHusband last fall. The car ended up being a bit of a lemon so the McHusband helped Jordan out a few times. I guess French people think we Americans love whiskey because that's what Jordan got the McHusband as a thank-you parting gift when he went back to France.

I've found several recipes that use whiskey like Steph's Bourbon Balls and Mom's Apple Pie (Who knew she was sneaking the booze in?). But for tomorrow, I wanted a drink that I could share with the ladies and this Whiskey Slush looked like the perfect option for a warm Friday night.

It looks kinda like a science experiment in the freezer, doesn't it?


I'm hoping it's good and then I'll know for future reference that I can make a double batch in this container. In the comments below the recipe, people said that they like to make up a batch of this and just keep it in the freezer to dip into all summer long.


And just to give you an idea of the size of that container, here it is with my favorite ingredient in mixed drinks.


Shh, don't tell Matt and Andrea about my drinking plans for tomorrow, okay? Who knows what they'd dream up for next week's boot camps to counteract that bad behavior.

5 comments:

McHusband said...

Geez, you talk about car stuff and those women just don't pay any attention, lol.

Just to clarify... the vehicle I sold him wasn't a "lemon." He really only had one issue with it but he made the mistake of taking it to the stealership and they charged him a boat-load of money to "fix" the problem of which when he left they hadn't fixed! So long story short, I advised him on some non-OEM (original equipment manufacturer) parts, saving him lots of money, and then installed them for him, ultimately fixing his original problem. So as a thank you he, slash his dad b/c he's only 19, bought me a LARGE container of Makers Mark as a "thank you" gift. End of story. :)

Gma said...

Yum... slush is a great drink in the summertime. Gotta watch it though cause it can catch up to you!

I'm SOOO glad it's you guys and not me doing boot camp -- I'm happy to do it vicariously through the blog. Ouch!

Sara said...

I'm pretty sure last night's boot camp was the universe's way of punishing me for eating too many hushpuppies at a seafood restaurant on Wednesday. It was all my fault and I won't do it again.

Jenny said...

Steph... note to self... don't ever call one of Ryan's car's a "lemon" :)

Wish I could try the Slush!

McMom said...

Yeh, even I knew the car Ryan sold him wasn't a "lemon".... boy are you getting razzed for using THAT word!! I think it is GREAT that the French guys parents were so willing to reward Ryan for his good deed and proving that not all Americans rip off foreigners.
As for the Slush -- I have yet to read the recipe, but sounds like a handy thing to keep on hand and I am sure Jenny will get to taste it before too long!! Love, McMom