Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Offset Spatula: Not just for icing cakes

I skipped my workout at the Y last night and instead made a really yummy BBQ Chicken Pizza for the McHusband and me for dinner last night.

So instead of burning lots of calories, I took 'em in. Not exactly the best way to start out my week, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'm just gonna get back on the {exercise} bike and renew my efforts to be good eating- and exercising-wise for the rest of the week.

In the meantime, let's drool over my pizza. That's calorie free.


I used a Pillsbury pizza crust, shredded Italian cheese, some Sweet Baby Ray's, pre-packaged roasted chicken, jalapeno slices, and pineapple tidbits.

Oh, and I personalized the chicken by mixing a little BBQ sauce with some jalapeno and pineapple juice and coating the chicken with it.
I used my offset spatula to spread the BBQ sauce.

And to make a mess of the oven and floor. Hey, just keepin' it real.

Ready for the oven!

I'm ashamed to admit that these were just the first of many pieces that I ate. Yes, the McHusband and I ate the WHOLE pizza.

It was just soooo good (if I do say so myself). And I wasn't sure how homemade pizza would fare as leftovers, and I hated the idea of any of it going to waste.

Take another look. You want some, don't you?
I know making pizza isn't exactly rocket science, but I'm pretty proud that it turned out so well considering it was my first time making it and I just made up the "recipe" while wandering the aisles of Walmart.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Yummy!!! We do a BBQ Chicken pizza with Sweet baby rays as well. I just throw the chicken breast in the crock pot all day with the BBQ sauce and then shred them.... I will have to try jalapeno's on my half next time :) You have officially made a pregnant woman's mouth water :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah Step.... screw the workout.... make you and the McHusband a yummy PIZZA!!! McMom Again!!!

Anonymous said...

Darn -- my first comment didn't post.... You did a GREAT job of creating your own "recipe".... Soon you will be ready for Penny's challenge of making your own pizza crust from scratch... she says it is the easiest thing there is to make... easy for her to say, huh??? It looks and sounds yummy --- FYI this is one that would reheat nicely in a skillet.... I can't believe you ate the whole thing... we did pizza on the grill tonight for a first try...... McMom!! Good JOB Mc Wife

Anonymous said...

Darn -- my first comment didn't post.... You did a GREAT job of creating your own "recipe".... Soon you will be ready for Penny's challenge of making your own pizza crust from scratch... she says it is the easiest thing there is to make... easy for her to say, huh??? It looks and sounds yummy --- FYI this is one that would reheat nicely in a skillet.... I can't believe you ate the whole thing... we did pizza on the grill tonight for a first try...... McMom!! Good JOB Mc Wife

Anonymous said...

Sorry - it seems I can't download video to Facebook and apparently I don't know how to leave comments here anymore either.... McMom

Gma said...

Man oh man, that looks good!

McMom: I was having same issue with posting. I have found that if you first preview your comment and then publish, it does what it's supposed to.

McMom said...

Thanks for that tip G'ma... if I had previewed the one comment I wouldn't have left the "h" off of Steph!! McMom --- heading to the beach to clear my head!!