Thursday, May 27, 2010

Recipe Recap: Pasta a la McWife

We still had a couple zucchinis and since our grill is on the fritz, I wanted to figure out something to do with the veggies besides grilling them. So, once again, instead of going to the Y (I'd forgotten to pack my sports bra in my gym bag; not the worst equipment to forget, but still...) I went to the store and then cooked dinner. But this time, we had a healthy dinner.

I cut up the zucchini.

Then I sauteed it in a little olive oil and sprinkled it with pepper and garlic salt.



I used a can of seasoned diced tomatoes as the rest of my sauce.



I served the sauce over some Barilla Plus whole wheat penne.


The McHusband liked it and I did, too. It wasn't as flavorful as the BBQ Chicken Pizza I made, but it was tasty and it wasn't bad for us. Although I do think we need to work on our portions. I'm so good about measuring out my cereal and even the milk that I pour over it, but when it comes to homecooked meals, I'm not careful and I know I'm eating too much.
Thank goodness we have boot camp tonight. That and a bowl of cereal or a salad for dinner should get me back on track.

1 comment:

McMom said...

Are you the daughter who doesn't like cooked tomatoes? I am confused... there must be a VERY fine line of specificity! McMom