Thursday, May 6, 2010

Recipe Recap: Banana Bread Bundt Cake

Remember that chocolate chip bundt cake that I made for Women's Night last week? And remember how I mentioned experimenting with that recipe and my Best Ever Banana Bread recipe?

Well, I did it.

And it was a success! In the words of the McHusband, "That's good bread you made, and it's making me fat."

I doubled the praline topping because that's what I really liked about the Southern Living recipe. Mmm, check out all those gobs of pecan, sugar, and butter.

I stuck the cake in the oven and set the timer for 50 minutes. With 32 minutes to go, I took the dogs on a walk. I got back and the timer had 7 minutes remaining. I don't have the best baking luck so I figured I better test the cake and see how done it was at that point. Thank goodness I did because my cake tester came out clean as that proverbial whistle. Luckily it's a very moist cake to begin with so that worked in my favor.

I had a slice for breakfast this morning. And I'll probably have another later this evening. Gotta love any food that does double duty as a breakfast food and dessert.

No comments: