Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Another McWedding: Part I

The McHusband and I went to another of his cousin's wedding in Southern Pines this past Saturday. The ceremony and reception were outside, and we lucked out with beautiful NC weather. Considering Hurricane Earl's proximity leading up to the wedding, we got especially lucky.

I had the McMom take a picture of us right after we got there. I got my hair cut recently and I didn't know how long it was going to look decent, plus I figured the heat was going to do a number on my make-up and dress before too long.




I love, LOVE, LOVE my green dress so chances are you're going to be seeing a lot of it. First, though, I'll let the newlyweds take center stage.


What a gorgeous setting, huh? Oh, and for those of you who don't know them, that's Jill and Andy. Here they are with Andy's parents, Butch and Libby.


Check out this squirrel who moved in as soon as the picture-taking was done.




You don't get pictures like that with church weddings, that's for sure. Not even in NC. Our table at the reception provided us with just the right vantage point (that's the squirrel's stage there in the background) for moments like this. Sure, the tradeoff was being last in the buffet line, but I think it was worth it.


When I wasn't taking pictures or getting refills of chardonnay, I was sitting next to the McHusband.


And speaking of getting refills, let me tell you what happened during one of my trips to the bar. I was waiting for the bartender to fill two glasses (one for me, one for the McMom) and I saw the officiate, who was talking to someone about 20 feet away, leave that guy and come up to the patio where the bar was like he was on a mission. Now, this guy was an older gentleman, somewhere north of 50. He did a great job marrying Andy and Jill, by the way. The McHusband and I both enjoyed listening to him.

Anyway, he came right up to me and said, "You are definitely wearing the color of the night" or something very similar to that. I said thank you and he walked away. The bartender said, "He was flirting with you," and I said, "I hope not" because, well, he was the officiate after all. I appreciate the compliment, of course, but it sorta came out of left field, know what I mean?

Up next: all about the dress! Okay, maybe not ALL about the dress, but there'll be lots of pictures of it so you've been warned. Or, if you're the officiate or feel similarly, then I guess you've been teased.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the new duds for both of you! Nothing like a wedding to seize the opportunity to expand the wardrobe... McMom

Jenny said...

Can't wait to see more of the dress... it and you in it are beautiful :)! Wish we could have made it!