Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lady Antebellum Concert

Kim, Sara, Kim's sister Ronna, and I went to the Lady Antebellum concert at Koka Booth Amphitheatre in Cary Thursday night. It was a GREAT concert! Sara even said she thought they sounded better live in some songs than they do on the radio. I was glad they didn't improvise too much like some artists tend to do in concerts and it's to the point that you barely recognize the song.

The amphitheatre was packed! I've been to two concerts there recently and it was nowhere near as full as it was last night. In fact, I'm not sure the combined attendances of the other two concerts would've equalled that of last night's concert.
















We all brought camping chairs and found a spot in the trees that was big enough for the four of us.





















L to R: Kim, Sara, Ronna

And me!





















I have a confession to make. I broke one of the most important rules out there.

I snuck in outside drinks. {Insert gasp of horror here.}

I had the brilliant (if I do say so myself) idea to get some mini bottles of my white zin and stuff 'em down in the bag of my camping chair. The workers at the gates check bags and purses, but they don't bother with the chairs.





















Sara did the same thing with a couple airplane bottles of rum that she added to a diet Pepsi that she bought once she got in.
















I'd made some more of those cinnamon-sugar muffins except the new batch had a pumpkin spin (post and recipe comign soon) to it. I brought some of the mini ones for the girls to try. Turns out, though, that Sara has a strong dislike for pumpkin so I had to eat her portion while she manned the camera.

Even if you're not a Lady Antebellum or country music fan, I think you'd still enjoy this video of them spoofing a song by Lee Brice. His song is called "Crazy;" their song is "Biscuits & Gravy" and it's basically an ode to Waffle House.
{Argh, if I could reach in and THROTTLE Blogger, I would. I don't understand what's going on with the formatting lately.}

1 comment:

McMom said...

McMom is jealous..... glad you got to go!