Monday, September 6, 2010

Recipe Recap: French Breakfast Puffs

I'm not sure I'd call these "puffs." To me, that would imply that these are very light and airy, and they weren't, but not in a bad way. Then again, too many of these certainly would puff you up so... I think a more accurate name is simply Sugar and Cinnamon Muffins.

These muffins were to die for. I can't say enough good things about them. They were easy to make, required no special ingredients (unless you count shortening, which I didn't have in my pantry), and they were delicious.

Here're the naked muffins. P-Dub's recipe says it makes 12, but I easily made 18 muffins.


Aren't they pretty without their cinnamon-sugar coats on?


And here's the assembly line: muffins, melted butter, cinnamon-sugar mixture.


First you roll the muffin around in the butter, making sure all sides are coated, and then you do it all over again to get the butter to soak in a bit.


Then you roll the muffin around in the cinnamon and sugar until nothing more will stick to it.


{How 'bout a round of applause for my photographing-the-process-with-my-left-hand ability?}

The best part of the assembly process? Licking my fingers once the last muffin was done. The butter, cinnamon, and sugar had gone all syrupy on my left hand. I know, maybe these can be called Finger-lickin' Good Muffins.

Tada! The finished product.


The McHusband could hardly wait for me to finish before he grabbed one. For testing purposes, of course.


I took half the muffins into my office and sent the other half in with the McHusband. The only complaints I got were that they were addicting. Maybe I should call them Crack Muffins.


If you're looking for something sweet to make for breakfast, try these Cinnamon and Sugar Finger-lickin' Good Crack Muffins. I promise you'll love them. And if you don't, pack 'em up and send 'em my way.

{Recipe here.}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of those recipes from PW that I told you I used to make a LONG time ago!! They ARE scrumptious as I recall!! McMom

Jenny said...

I do think I am going to have to give those a try!!! YUMMY looking!