Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Recipe Recap: Pumpkin Spice Donut Muffins

Remember those cinnamon-sugar muffins I made a little while ago? And I mentioned making a version of them last week and munching on samples after the Lady Antebellum concert. Well, I can't keep them a secret any longer.

I got the recipe from PW's Tasty Kitchen site. I love pumpkin desserts and breads so I knew I couldn't go wrong with this recipe. The only thing I might complain about is that the pumpkin flavor isn't as strong as I'd like it to be. Still, they were very yummy and two people (my coworker and the McHusband's) who had the original muffins liked these better, said they just generally had a little more flavor.

I made regular-sized muffins and mini-muffins this time around. I love the smaller muffins, but they were definitely more time consuming since you have to roll each one in butter and the cinnamon-sugar mixture.




























Do you also remember how I said one of the best things about these muffins was licking my fingers after I was done with all the dipping and rolling?
















And I may or may not have then dipped a spoon in the melted butter and coated it in cinnamon-sugar and licked that, too.

Okay, I did. It was the most delicious spoon ever.

And here're the muffins all divvied up for their recipients: one for the McHusband's office (the container with the most muffins), one for mine, then six mini-muffins set aside for the girls.
















These were a nice "Hey, how are ya?" to fall-ish weather here in NC, but now I'm ready to welcome the new season and cooler temps with open arms - and many more pumpkin recipes. Like pumpkin truffles and pumpkin custards.

Anyone have any pumpkin recipes I just HAVE to try?

1 comment:

McMom said...

I never realized you had SUCH a sweet tooth.... welcome to the fam... after HOW many years??? McMom