Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy Fall, Ya'll!

Fall 2010 has been spectacular. Well, except for one frigid morning a couple weeks ago. But even that day shaped up nicely. We've had very mild temperatures overall and hardly any rain. If it weren't for the sun setting at 5:15, you'd never know we were thisclose to winter.

I don't typically decorate for the seasons. For instance, I don't have a spring/summer mantel with light and airy things that I switch out for darker things once there's a chill in the air. But for some reason, I wanted to fall-ify the buffet in the dining room. I shopped around the house and came up some fabric, a wooden tray, a pumpkin, brown cloth napkins, and some cream-colored candles to mix in with the usual stuff. I'm no Sherry or Layla but I do okay.





















The McMom gave me the tray and I was figuring I'd spray-paint it and use it...well, I'm not sure where I was planning on using it. In the meantime, though, it works perfectly in my fallscape.
































I love this little bird.





















The dining room isn't the only space that got the fall treatment. I picked up some mums and planted some pansies in the urns by the front steps.




































I hope to plant the mums this weekend so that they'll come back next year. Keep your fingers crossed for me.





















I wish pansies were summer flowers. Their colors are so vibrant.











I had some help at the end of my front porch photoshoot.



























Tucker is happy it's fall. He doesn't do too well in the heat (And by "heat," I mean anything warmer than about 70 non-humid degrees).

2 comments:

McMom said...

VERY pretty --- ALMOST inspiring!!! McMom

Gma said...

I almost miss (I said ALMOST!)the year round scarecrow ;>) Yeah, not really!

VERY, VERY nice. Fingers crossed that you see mum sprouts next Spring!