Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Party Numero Uno

The McHusband and I have been pretty busy for the last week and a half. We spent last week traveling to Kansas City (MO, not KS) and to the Dallas area to visit my dad and his aunt, uncles, and cousin, respectively. And respectfully, of course.

Our trip was bookended by Halloween parties. The first was on Friday the 22nd and it was at our neighbor's house. Tawnya and Steve went all out with their decorations. They even put ghostly family portraits in frames and hung those on the walls. I love that they committed to a theme party and ran with it. Sadly, I didn't take my camera to the party so you'll just have to trust me on the awesomeness.

Tawnya printed some pictures from the party for us and I scanned them. The McHusband was a Woopie Cushion and I was Tinkerbell. You know, that green dress was a great buy. I wore it to two weddings and two Halloween parties. I'd say I definitely got my money's worth.















One couple from the neighborhood went as a police officer and a prisoner. The police officer wasn't just your run-of-the-mill traffic cop though. Nope - she was a member of the Sexy Squad. Just like Tawnya and Steve, she committed to her costume with the outfit and the props, and I'll just let your imagination go into overdrive there. She was a bit of a walking PSA for safe sex, though, and she even gave out free samples.















As you can see, the McHusband was pretty thrilled with his samples.















We had to be up early the following Saturday morning for our flight to Kansas City so we didn't get to party quite as hard as we would've liked considering we could walk home, but we still had a great time mingling with the natives.

I know I have a lot of catching up to do - our trip, a Halloween craft, my fall decorations, some yummy food, and another Halloween party - so I will try to be a diligent blogger in the next few days. In the meantime, check out my Halloween decorations from last year. I didn't do anything but hang one spider this year and I'm kinda glad I didn't spend the day making the effort. I don't know if it's because it was a school night or what, but we had a couple rushes of trick-or-treaters early in the evening, then a few stragglers and that was it. My time was definitely better spent doing laundry while catching up on my DVR'ed shows.

No comments: