Thursday, November 18, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend: Friday

Well, we were VERY busy this past weekend. Kevin, Jenny, and the kids were here for the weekend; we saw Bill and Veerle for lunch on Saturday; we went to Chelle and Jeremy's annual Chicken Stew Saturday night; and the McHusband went skydiving on Sunday.

Kevin and Jenny were in town for Jenny's brother's wife's brother's (Got all that?) wedding. Jenny's brother, Nick, is in the military and has only recently returned to the US and is currently based in Vegas. I don't know why exactly, but for some reason after this weekend, he won't have any leave, not even for the holidays. So this was Jenny's family's chance to visit with him. Jenny's parents were here from Charlotte and they stayed in a hotel downtown, but Kevin, Jenny, and the kids stayed at Hotel McCasa and we were very happy to have them.

Chase played with his "tools" while dinner (potato soup in the crockpot) was finishing.










































I love that the crockpot allows for hands-off cooking, which leads to hands-on-the-baby time.





















After dinner, while Kevin and Jenny were putting Chase to bed, I spent more quality time with Leah.





































The McHusband even got in on the action. {Yes, that's a rolling pin on the couch. No, we didn't use it to beat the children. It's actually for my leg, the one that's been bothering me since the half-marathon.}





















Later, while Jenny and I were upstairs on the computer, he actually got Leah to sleep.
































Okay, there's plenty more to share, but I've got banana bars to make and dogs to walk so I'm stopping here and I'll be back with more in a day or so.

2 comments:

Gma said...

J&K -- you guys make the ca-yutest babies!

Can't believe it, but the McHusband looks almost comfortable holding Leah. Pic of her sleeping on the pillow is too daggumed cute!

McMom said...

Interesting G'ma should say that.... I was getting on here to say, I see a certain "glint" in Ryan's eyes... that warms a mother's heart... AND Tucker seems quite comfortable with the whole situation!!! McMom