Tuesday, August 28, 2012

18 miles

I ran 18 miles yesterday and made a fabulous dinner of salmon, steamed cauliflower, and quinoa with zucchini, mushroom, and onion. 

0827121946

And did I mention I was prepping and cooking dinner while some banana bread baked in the oven?  Move over, Martha!

So the 18 miles.  I ran at the American Tobacco Trail again and I had to go one mile further than I did a couple weeks ago before I turned around.  That was a looooong mile.  For some reason, getting to nine miles, my turnaround point, was harder than running from there back to about the four-mile marker.  At that point, I’d run 14 miles and was ready to be done.  I was hungry and thirsty for some cold water, and I wanted to be on the couch enjoying my day at home.  But I still had four miles to go.

On the upside, I didn’t have any IT band pain.  Hallelujah!  I actually kept waiting for the telltale twinges but they never came.  I had other aches, sure, but not the ones that have been so debilitating in the past.  I’ve been doing a new stretch plus keeping on top of my foam-rolling so maybe those things combined with the new shoes did the trick.

You might notice an Instagram picture over there -------------------> of a glass of wine.  I need to remind myself while I’m pounding the pavement how it pays off later.  15 ounces of wine is but a drop in the calorie bucket when you burn about 1,375 of them running.

P.S. Happy Birthday to my dad and Bronte!

No comments: