Friday, August 31, 2012

Friendly Friday Night

It’s Friday!  Seems like a good time to finally post a few pictures from Friday night a couple weeks ago.

A group of us went over to Chelle and Jeremy’s to celebrate Scott’s birthday.

IMG_3777

IMG_3778

Chelle played bartender.

IMG_3786

IMG_3787

I took self-portraits.

IMG_3798

IMG_3800

I took three desserts over there.

A strawberry Jell-O pie with a pretzel crust.

IMG_3790 

And these No-Bake Nutella & Peanut Butter Graham Bars with my favorite fudge frosting.

IMG_3782

But the dessert I made FOR Scott in honor of his birthday was a batch of Three Musketeers Cupcakes.

DSC_0046

The frosting was made with melted Three Musketeers candy bars and it was delicious, but it was very dense and sorta pliable so it was a different animal from the buttercream I’m used to working with.

DSC_0048

These cupcakes have a mini Three Musketeers candy bar baked inside so between that and the frosting, there was no doubt where this little confection got its flavor.

DSC_0050

Chelle said Scott liked chocolate so I figured these cupcakes would be perfect.  Turns out, he doesn’t like chocolate as much as some of us.  Guess which treat he liked best?  The strawberry Jell-O pie!  Good thing I made that last-minute decision to add the pink pie to the mix.

Raise your hand if you’re excited about the three-day weekend.  Me me me! ::Waving arm wildly::  I have a nice mix of chilling out, hanging with friends, to-do items, and exercise (Only 8 miles to run tomorrow!) to look forward to.

Hope you guys have a good long weekend, and I’ll “see” you on Tuesday.

No comments: