Friday, August 3, 2012

Rebecca Grace

I finally got to meet Kim’s daughter on Tuesday.

I can’t believe I just wrote “Kim’s daughter.”  Whoa. Kim has a daughter.

Rebecca Grace was born on Wednesday, July 25th.  She weighed 6 pounds 13 ounces and was 19.5 inches long.

She was wide awake while I visited so it was nice to have her be interactive.  Well, as interactive as a six-day-old newborn who can’t hold her own head up can be.

I had to bring treats, of course.  I went with some Oatmeal Butterscotch Bars with Brown Sugar Frosting because oatmeal’s healthy and good for brand new moms.  And butterscotch chips and brown sugar just make things better no matter your maternal status.

IMG_3772

IMG_3774

You have to like butterscotch to use those little orange morsels in these bars.  But if that’s not your chip of choice, use milk or semi-sweet or white chocolate chips, or some combo of all of the above.

IMG_3775

But whatever you do, don’t skip the frosting.  This stuff is up there with that chocolate fudge frosting I love so much.

IMG_3771

The McHusband and I really liked these cold, but they’re good at room temperature, too.  I bet they’d even be good heated up a bit and topped off with some vanilla ice cream.

IMG_3773

And of course I’ve mentioned how I like recipes that make a 9 x 13 pan of bars so this recipe has that going for it as well.  Plenty of deliciousness to go around!

Ahh, Friday!  I know I’m not the only one who’s glad the weekend’s right around the corner.  I haven’t gotten nearly enough sleep this week so I’m very much looking forward to some R&R (neither of those R’s being a run longer than 8 miles).

Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend!  (It’ll be better if you bake up a batch of these bars.)

No comments: