Wednesday, August 1, 2012

{Recipe Recap} Banana Flax Muffins

Happy Hump Day!  How about we interrupt all the treats with something not quite so bad for us?

I didn’t necessarily have high hopes for these muffins.  I mean, I figured they’d turn out edible enough, but healthy AND yummy?  Out of my oven?

DSC_1173

Guess what?  I proved myself wrong.  These muffins are awesome.  I will admit that I used the same amount of graham cracker crumbs instead of the wheat germ but only because my Walmart apparently doesn’t carry wheat germ.

DSC_1178

The spices are just right, and the texture was spot on.  The muffins were moist and dense and spotted with occasional chunks of banana.

DSC_1176

I’ll admit they aren’t the most appetizing looking since they’re bran-brown and lacking a streusel topping.  But this is definitely a case of not judging that book by its proverbial cover.

DSC_1172

If you have some ripe bananas and don’t mind picking up a few healthy-pantry staples, you should definitely give this recipe a go.

DSC_1174

I entered my recipe into MFP and here’s the breakdown:

  • 151 cal
  • 25 g carbs
  • 5 g fat
  • 3 g protein
  • 2 g fiber
  • 16 g sugar

I got 15 muffins out of the recipe.

{Recipe adapted from here}

No comments: