Wednesday, June 5, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Quinoa-Black Bean Burgers

I snapped a quick phone pic of my dinner Monday night.

0603131913

I made five of these burgers on Sunday, knowing I’d be reheating them for several meals during the week.  For the first one, I made an open-faced burger using half an Arnold Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin, some avocado, and a couple tablespoons of Mexican shredded cheese.

0603131913

I think the burger is a great base and it tastes good, but I wasn’t blown away by it.  I was really hungry when I got home from the Y so I kept things pretty simple, but I think it could be doctored up further, maybe with jalapenos and salsa, and be awesome.  Since I’ve got two more patties in the fridge, I’ll see what else I can come up with.

(Oh, and I baked my burgers at 350 degrees for just under 20 minutes as opposed to frying them on the stove.)

And if you’re interested, MFP calculated each burger (I got 5 slightly overflowing 1/3 cup-sized patties) at 174 calories and 9 grams of protein.  My sandwich as seen above came in at 292 calories.

{Recipe adapted from here}

No comments: