Monday, November 18, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Death by Chocolate BTS Poke Cake

Quite a title, huh?  But there’s a lot going on here, lots of goodies coming together to make one giant goodie, so you want to make sure the name does it justice.

DSC_8375

The darker parts of the cake are where the Hershey’s Syrup was poured over the cake that I had poked holes in, and it settled down into the cake.  The recipe actually called for chocolate Cool Whip Frosting, which I’ve seen, but I couldn’t find this time around, not even after looking in THREE grocery stores.

DSC_8377

On top, I used crumbled Oreos, Nestle Buncha Crunch, and Magic Shell as called for in the recipe.  Heather later said that the Crunch bites made the dessert.  I admit, I liked the change in texture they offered plus they were just plain tasty.

DSC_8378

This dessert was easy to make, very customizable, and simply delicious.  I thoroughly enjoyed eating my model when our photoshoot was over.

DSC_8373

I made the Oatmeal Cream Pies that Chelle requested as well as some simple yellow cupcakes with the chocolate frosting from that chocolate cookie cake from the other week.

DSC_8374

One of Chelle and Jeremy’s friends, Jeff, turned 50 the day before the Chicken Stew so his wife asked Chelle if I’d mind making some cupcakes.  You know I can’t resist whipping up a birthday treat.  I made 12 regular-sized cupcakes and 36 minis.

DSC_8380

So…yellow cake?

DSC_8381

Or chocolate cake?

DSC_8382

You can’t lose either way.

{Poke Cake slightly adapted from here}

{Chocolate Frosting}

No comments: